Saturday, January 31, 2009

Parenting Priorities

Few minor changes in word and the whole meaning changes so drastically. How about replacing “I shoulds” to “I coulds.” How many times, we think of we should this, we should that sort of statements. The trap of ‘I Should’ is hugely menacing. This statement reflects pressure and condition of idealism and that is one false note to begin with. Whenever we force ourselves to do some thing which seems good in future tense, we kind of mentally pressurize ourselves for unpredictable eventualities whereas, saying ‘I Could’ gives you choice of doing those particular things as per your convenience. There is not much change in saying I should and I could but the mindset changes. Now, why I am emphasizing this difference is because parents needs to do few things for the kids which have been floating in planning since eternity.

Whenever parents say ‘I could’ to them they find their mindset changed in a positive way. They move forward towards getting things done which they could. How about making a list of ‘I could’ as a parent for your kids? Its better late than never and all parents need to think is ‘Now is the time’ to do all those wonderful things for their kids. Let’s start by making a list for your beautiful children.

Spending few special moments with your children each day.
Planning a simple but fun-filled activity with your kids.
Asking your children to help in few household chores.
Ask yourself to be more patient with your child.
Whenever your child does something that annoys you, you will be more consistent in dealing with them.
Organizing playroom and bedroom of your kids.
Setting time limits for children when it comes to watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment